Sunday, September 21, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Well, I have been meaning to update the blog for a couple of weeks now, but just haven't found the time--or my little cord that transfers my pictures from my camera to my computer. So you'll get a little update, but no pictures to go along with it.

We have made it to Carlsbad. On Monday of last week our movers unloaded our belongings (it took them 6 hours to unload versus the 11 hours it took them to load the truck on the other end! Can anyone say "paid by the hour") . The home that we are living in is working out pretty well so far. The neighborhood is full of kids and Abbie and Emma have made friends with a few girls that live just across the street and go to school and church with them.

Carlsbad is absolutely beautiful. It amazes me that I have passed through Carlsbad countless times but have never stopped until now. The whole area is very lush and hilly. There are beautiful views where ever you go and a beautiful, long stretch of beach with great walking paths, parks, firepits, etc.

Mark is enjoying his new company so far. He is still in the process of deciding how to tackle his job responsibilies. More on that later.

So all in all, we are doing well. I am sure that Carlsbad will soon feel like home. For now we are all learning the ropes, but grateful for the opportunity to be here.

I'll post more soon--if and when we find our little picture transfering cord. Until then just picture us having a fun time exploring our new home.

2 comments:

Sarah Sedgwick Anderson said...

I'm glad you made it. Can't wait to see your pictures!

Erika said...

You are there!!!!! I can't wait to see pictures and hear more about your new place!! How far is Carlsbad from Irvine?! Are you ready for visitors? ;-)