Friday, May 14, 2010

Let's Hear it for THE BOYS!

When I was pregnant for the third time many people would say, "I'll bet your hoping for a BOY this time!" Mark would always reply, "We love our girls. We don't care what we have." He was convincing and I believed him. The day of our ultrasound came around. We were both really excited to learn about the baby. Would the baby be healthy, have all it's fingers and toes?? Would it be a BOY or a GIRL. Mark was still insistant that he didn't care--and of course he would have been thrilled to have another daughter, but when the technician announced that we were having a boy and Mark JUMPED out of his seat and cheered. I think his reaction even took him by surprise.

He was stoked!! Beyond stoked.

So, today marks one of those occassions that brings that day to mind. Yep, it's the Father's and Son's camp out. Mark is taking Matthew, of course. Matthew is 2 1/2. Both are super excited. Mark, as an adult is able to contain his enthusiasm, but Matthew keeps talking about going camping with just dad, eating marshmallows, and having none of the girls in the family around. Mark's probably excited about the same things.

So here's to my boys! Have great time tonight, eat all the marshmallows you can, sing camp songs until your throats get dry, enjoy playing at the beach, and above all TRY and get some sleep.

The girls and I are going to a movie!

2 comments:

Janice said...

I love Fathers and Sons because I get to have Mothers and Daughters. Then the following week, we switch and Dentist husband has "Fathers and Daughters" and I have "Mothers and Sons."

April Cobb said...

So how did it go? Did Mark get any sleep? Ours was this weekend too, but Jay didn't take our boys. It was pouring down rain. We are not that hard core.