Thursday, July 22, 2010

Lucky Seven

It was a special morning for our Emma. Turning seven is pretty exciting. The day started at 6:15 (yes, you read that right) when Emma woke me up and told me she was hungry. What she could have said was, "let the festivities begin" because Emma has been waiting for this day for weeks. Oh yeah--bring on my breakfast in bed!!! Notice my cute front toothless smile?

Emma passing all kinds of love around to her brother and sister. Who wouldn't be feeling happy when your brother and sister bring you presents, and sing you every rendition of the Happy
Birthday song that they know?
Party blowers and breakfast!
They are all getting into the party spirit. But this doesn't last long. After opening presents, we have to get Emma ready for her special day with Grandma Sedgwick.
Emma and I waiting at the Solana Beach train station. Grandma took the train from SJC to pick Emma up this morning and take her home to SJC.
Emma on the train platform waiting for the "all aboard." She and Grandma are heading up to SJC for a day together--including dinner and a slumber party.
Here they go!! Have fun Emma. We sure love you and are so happy that you are part of our family.

2 comments:

Jessica Sedgwick said...

What a fun day! Emma is a cutie.

April Cobb said...

My goodness. I want to be in your family on my birthday! That breakfast looks really good. And a train ride with grandma on top of it all? What a lucky girl!