Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Bugs Life...




This Thursday night our skin was crawling as the third grade classes at Abbie's elementary school performed their sixth annual performance of Going Buggy, a musical presentatation depicting the daily struggles and aspirations of bugs. Abbie was selected to be one of the six singing ladybugs and she inspired us with her show stopping performance. I know that I will think twice before I trap a lady bug in a jar again!

The third great did a great job. Their costumes and sets were adorable--we loved how the black lights made them glow in the dark, their singing was wonderful (great job Abs) and the dancing was fantastic. The play is a great Rock Creek tradition and we are so glad that the school and teachers are willing to devote so much time and effort to make it a sucess!

If you wish that you could have been a fly on the wall but had to miss it, check out this short video clip!

6 comments:

Sarah Sedgwick Anderson said...

Pretty bug-tacular. Wow, I see Abbie looking older in these pictures!

Anne said...

What a cute program. I love this kind of stuff. It's so fun to see kids get creative.

Erika said...

What fun! That Abbie is growing up so fast!!

Erin said...

Talk about talent! Way cute Jennie! Thanks for sharing!

Deborah said...

Adorable. Seriously. It is so fun to see Great Grandma Sedgwick's ham bone working on in her posterity! Good job, Abbie! -- Aunt Deb

Unknown said...

I loved it! Abbie is a show stopper! I am so sorry I couldn't be there. Thanks for sharing the video. Way to go Abbie!
Hugs from Grandma Sedgwick