Wednesday, March 26, 2008

History Repeats Itself...AGAIN



One of my earliest childhood memories came to mind on the morning of St. Patty's Day when I was WRONGFULLY pinched by my green-clad kiddos. It was St. Patrick's Day at Children's Choice Preschool in San Juan Capistrano and I was four years old. All of the kids were wearing green but me. Because of that, I was the one and only target for pinchers and I had had ENOUGH. I really did have green on--only no one could see it. Underneath my outfit I was wearing underwear covered with little pink roses--WITH GREEN STEMS. I confronted my teacher, Mrs. Young and told her about my problem that no one believed that I was wearing green. The wise woman cut out a piece of green construction paper and pinned it on my shirt. Problem solved.
But why did I remember this experience thirty one years later? Because after I had been the target of my girls pinching all morning and they had gone off to school, I realized that I was in fact wearing green, this time on my feet. My running shoes have bold green swooshes. Figures.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Such a "Jennie" picture. Love it! Looks like a fun meal too.