Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

How quickly time passes. It has been over a year now that we have moved to Carlsbad. In honor of this milestone, I looked through some of the pictures we took this year and came up with a few of my favorite things about living here. This post has taken a while to publish because I was going to take a few more photos to add to the blog. It never happened and I had to move on. So, as you read on, also try and imagine the hot pink utility boxes around town, the sparkeling lagoon I pass every time I go to the freeway and the San Diego Temple--only a 20 minute drive away. That should complete my list. Here are a few of my favorite things (isn't that a song)... We get lots of visitors--and LOVE THAT! In this picture we are with the Price family at La Jolla Cove.

I love the strawberry fields and flower fields in the spring. Both with an ocean view.


Beautiful beaches within minutes in every direction.

So many fun, new, and not so new places to eat. We were stoked to discover that the Oceanside Pier has a Ruby's Diner at the end of it-like the diner in Newport Beach that I went to all the time in High School.

This has got to be one of our very most favorite thing about our new home. Every evening during the weekend we can go outside and see as many as seven hot air balloons floating above our backyard waiting for the sun to set.

We LOVE being close to our family. COUSINS, COUSINS, COUSINS!!

So much to do. In this picture Mark and I are enjoying a free concert on a boat in the San Diego Harbor with some friends.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

OH and how we LOVE to visit. We miss you guys so much!! We love you!

April Cobb said...

Stop it right now!! Will I ever have balloons in my backyard and an ocean that doesn't take 12 hours to get to? Poor me and a very lucky you! But lucky me when I get to come see you. I am so happy that you are having a wonderful life. I miss you.