Friday, October 1, 2010

Another Invasion

Imagine waking up in the morning, stretching, yawning, and going to the closet to find something to put on for the day. Imagine seeing these little guys all over your clothes!!!! Ewww!! That was our morning today!
Our little piece of paradise came with a price. The ants love it too. I can hear your question, "why don't you just get pest control??" I know, I know, I have considered hiring a pest control service many times, but when it all boils down, I am pretty cheap AND I have discovered how to get rid of these bad boys--at least for months at a time. The liquid ant bait from Home Depot does the trick. All you do is open the bait and set it out when you see a small trail of ants. Then comes the REALLY hard part. You wait and watch as your tiny stream of ants becomes a huge infestation, swarming over everthing near the bait. The hardest part is watching and doing nothing else. IF you can do this for 24 hours, you will find that your ants vanish, dead.

I am in the watching and waiting stage of the game.
It's disgusting and I am thinking about pest control once again, and wishing I wasn't soo cheap.

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

Your patience amazes me.

Jessica Sedgwick said...

Do you guys have a home warranty from when you bought your house that you renew every year? Sometimes they cover pest control. You have a co-pay, but if you just do it during the couple of months in the summer when ants are a problem (or other insects), it's cheaper than signing a pest control agreement. I'm cheap, too. :)

Sarah Sedgwick Anderson said...

This is disgusting and I hope this doesn't backfire on you, haha!

April Cobb said...

How did it turn out? I am dying to know. And that must have been a nightmare!!!