Sunday, January 8, 2012

Blessing Day

Today was a beautiful day for Luke's Blessing. We were so happy to have some of our family drive down to join us. Mark gave Luke a beautiful blessing with Don, Dave, and the bishopric standing in the circle.
I couldn't help but think of all of our children today and their journeys to our family. I remembered that there were many times that we wondered if we would be blessed with more than one child. And thought of the years that we tried to be content with just two. After our third child was born, I finally felt at peace and the constant longing for a larger family had ended, though in my heart I still wanted more. What a welcome surprise Luke was!! What a joy Luke is!! We feel so blessed today for our beautiful family, for the abundance of love and happiness our children bring to our lives and the feeling of completeness that came with our Little Luke.





Look at our little man. So cute!


Tough guy.

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

He is SO cute and I love your heart full of gratitude!

Janice said...

I echo Rachelle's comment. I love your gratitude of your little man.

shannon said...

He's a beautiful baby and so blessed to be apart of your family!What a truly wonderful gift Luke is!

Sarah Sedgwick Anderson said...

So fun catching up on these posts! Love little Luke!

April Cobb said...

He really is so so so cute.