Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween

What a fun day! Halloween is always a lot of fun around here. Did some one say, "that's because you are a candy addict--or at least used to be?" Did someone say that?? I thought I heard someone say that. Hum. Anyway, I wasn't sure if Halloween this year was going to be as much fun since the girls and I are on the "candy deal" (NO CANDY for one year). But the day was full of fun activities, a party and trick or treating. NO one missed eating the candy (OK, the girls didn't miss eating the candy--I am still cryin inside). Abbie and Emma while sorting out the goods.

The family gathered for a picture while our pre-trick-or-treating party got underway.

" Spooky Soups" with our neighbors and friends was a fun way to kick start the night. I've already got a plan for next time. How's this...a "Hallo Wiener Roast"

Pumpkin carving is such a mess. But worth it, not only for the cute jack o lanterns, but also for the Parmesan roasted pumpkin seeds that Mark made.

2 comments:

April Cobb said...

I'll never forget the momentthat cute Emma realized how hard Halloween would be with a no-candy restriction. She is so funny. But once you get used to it, it isn't such a temptation anymore... right?

Baxter's said...

I took a peek at the blog. I just want to let you know that because I covet your life, I may not be reading that much. :-) Oh how I miss the beach...and the lagoons...have you taken a walk at San Elijo lagoon at dusk? There are these crazy diving birds if your lucky...so fun...oh....miss it miss it miss it!