Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Beautiful Yosemite

We had a great weekend in Yosemite with mom and the Ostergar's. Here are some highlights in pictures...hold on to your hats.


Here Abbie is enjoying the spray off of Yosemite Falls. It's the 5th tallest waterfall in the world and very beautiful. By the way, we could see it from our super cool camp site. The top of Vernal Falls. We (all of us) hiked up to the top of these falls to enjoy the spectacular views. It was definitely worth the 25 mile hike (or at least it felt like 25 miles at times). We all got a bit wet on the way up.

My sister Cathy with two of her kids, Julia and Adam, at the top of Vernal Falls. Here's my bunch at the half way point of the hike.
ahhh, so pretty.
Abbie and Emma, along with cousin Ruthie, fished in the river next to our super cool camp site whenever they got a chance.
View from our super cool camp site--have I mentioned yet that our camp site was the best spot in the valley?
Grandma, Mark and Ostergar cousins stoking up the campfire.Matthew and cousin Adam doing some fishing.Thanks Ostergars for inviting us to tag along on this wonderful weekend. It had been about twenty years since I had been to Yosemite, and it won't take another 20 to get us back. The kids are already planning our next visit!

5 comments:

Tricia said...

Wow. I'm embarrassed to say I've never been there (and I grew up in NoCal!)

Breathtaking.

Janice said...

We have talked about going to Yosemite for years. These pictures make me want to go this summer. Maybe we can pull it off . . .

Rachelle said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these pictures. What a gorgeous place! When are we going to meet there?!?!

Rachelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danee said...

Oh Jennie - it looks so great. I too am embarrassed that I have never been either. Charles and the girls have but we have yet to do it as a family. We miss camping with you guys!